Monday, May 15, 2006

What a weekend.

What a weekend. I find myself looking forward to work to get a break and recover.

The concerts were a GREAT SUCCESS and I cannot express just how impressed I was by all the incredible performances from everyone. All the girls (and a few boys) from 5 to 17 did their utmost and managed to pull of a stellar performance. The parents got to do their part to… fetching and carrying, applying make-up and hair gel and trying our utmost to contain the hordes of excited children backstage. This was not for the faint-hearted. And such was the start of my weekend with performances on Friday eve and 2 on Saturday.

Other events this weekend included my ex’s birthday, mothers’ day and my fathers’ 60th birthday. BUSY BUSY BUSY. In between concerts on Sat managed to find some time to get the kids out to lunch to see their dad (a.k.a. my ex). Sunday included a lunch with my family at my mom’s house to celebrate mothers day and my fathers’ birthday.

Then, if we didn’t have enough to do, Sunday was rounded off by a trip to the Great Moscow Circus. WOW. If there is anyone in Cape Town who has not yet been to see this they are performing until 28 May… make the effort, they were incredible.

Now for coffee number 5 of the morning and take a deep breath (again).

No comments: