Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Update - even more senseless

Yesterday I wrote about the senseless death of an 11-year-old boy. Further to this I found out that this was in fact a suicide.

WHAATTT - was my immediate reaction. This is an 11-YEAR-OLD we are talking about. And to top it all off... his is the second suicide in his class THIS YEAR.

What thought process happened that made him feel this was the only solution?
Why did NO adults pick up that there was a problem?
Is there something else going on with these kids that NO ONE seems to be aware of?
What... why... WHY

What is going on in the world?
I actually cannot put anything coherent down on this matter… my mind is a complete mess I simply cannot fathom the enormity of this event.

2 comments:

Katt said...

M, I think you need to take some out out from all the news and media and do something nice for yourself and your kiddos! You are going to knot your brain with all the thinking you are doing.

M said...

katt Easier said than done. This one didn't even make it into the news. This was someone I met... the son of someone I work with. It has just made all the other news items hit home. But yes... maybe I do need to take time out from the news for a while.