Thursday, May 11, 2006

... of satin shoes and morning cuddles

My day started off perfectly this morning... 180% turn from last night (but that is a rant for another time - ex-husbands and the like).

My 3 year old decided that instead of getting up he wanted to climb in bed with me, and just cuddle. Needless to say, that with the weather changing and it still being dark at that time of the morning, the prospect of getting up was not all that appealing, so I indulged and just snuggled. HEAVEN. Days like this really should come more often. I am even contemplating installing a CCTV in his room so that I can find out what it is that makes him wake up like this in the morning and bottle it. This indulgence however is normally followed by a mad rush to get dressed/fed/packed and out the door. Somehow I still managed to get kids to school on time... albeit a little disheveled.

My 7-year-old daughter is dancing in a ballet production at the Baxter Theater this weekend. 3 packed performances - I discovered this while trying to buy last minute tickets as usual and having to settle for back row seats. The only problem is that she decided to tell me last night (with a full dress-rehearsal scheduled for today) that the pink satin ballet shoes that she had been lent by the dance teacher for the performance were in fact too small and she gave them back last week. Now trying to explain to her that she should have mentioned this small fact on the weekend ended up in a shouting match as usual and still leaves me in the position of having to run around at the last minute before her practice today to get PINK SATIN shoes.

Which reminds me, I must still tell my manager that I am leaving early today.

1 comment:

M said...

Thanks Viola... nice to know it is appreciated