Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Taste is all relative

Someone asked me recently about my CD collection and what type of music I like. I have a very varied taste in music; basically it includes everything except Rap and Country (and even in these 2 categories there are a few that I will listen to). So, what I decided is to put my music player on random and cycle through the 1500 songs I have. Below I will list the artist, title and first line (as I hear them) of the first 15 songs that come on - might give a little insight into the chaos that is my mind.

1) Nirvana – Lake of Fire – Where do bad folks go where they die…
2) Kill ‘em all – Seek and Destroy – Scanning the scene in the city tonight, looking for you to start up a fight…
3) Seether – Broken – I wanted you to know, I love the way you laugh…
4) Linkin Park – Faint – I am a little bit of loneliness little bit of disregard…
5) Audioslave – Yesterday To Tomorrow – Beauty is what eyes behold…
6) Live – All over you – Our love is like water…
7) Maroon 5 – The sun – After school, walking home, fresh dirt under my fingernails…

At which point window media player “encountered a problem” and had to be restarted…

8) Savage Garden – Affirmation – I believe the sun should never set upon an argument…
9) Coldplay – Talk - Oh brother I can’t, I can’t get through…
10) James – Laid – This bed is on fire with passionate love…
11) Live – Take my anthem – War in me, war overseas, aint no difference between…
12) Robbie Williams – Karma Killer – Are you cut-up, or do you easily forget…
13) Metallica – Carpe Diem Baby - Hit dirt, shake tree, split sky, part sea…
14) Dido – Take my hand – Touch my skin and tell me what you’re thinking…
15) Eric Clapton – Wonderful tonight - It’s late in the evening, she’s wondering what clothes to wear…

Actually that might explain quite a lot… and Kyk, thanks for the inspiration.

6 comments:

kyknoord said...

Anytime ;-) If you read the first lines in order, they almost make sense.

AngelConradie said...

nice one m- VERY cool collection!
i think i'm gonna try that this weekend!

M said...

kyk :) I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat wondering what the 3rd would be :)
angel If you do, make sure you post them...

M said...

robert at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot (which is not unusual)... Foghat??????

ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

Nice varied collection you have there, M.
I am tempted to do something similar, but with my collection I am afraid I may never find my way back to the light.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Single Mom - thanks for the link. That's an impressive track listing, btw - I wholeheartedly approve!