Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Family Update…

Let’s start with the angels/demons (depending on the day).

What I have noticed is that they are never both angles or both demons on the same day. They seem to take turns with each, for example… Yesterday morning my daughter (the headstrong, stubborn, self confident, 7 year old) who is normally the SLOWEST person on earth when it comes to getting dressed in the morning, having to be reminded of every little thing from where her shoes are to packing her bag, decided that she was actually going to get herself up and dressed and packed all with out me having to say a word. ANGEL. My son on the other hand (the equally headstrong, but still small enough to be picked up and put in his place, 3 year old) decided that he was not going to get up, and when I did manage to rouse him from his slumber at around 7:30AM (when I should be heading out the door), he decided that he simply was not going to get dressed, this in turn led to a wrestling match with me pinning him down to get his pj’s off. Round one to mom. Now imagine little three year old tearing around the house in his undies, locating his pj’s and putting them back on in delighted defiance. He ended up going to crèche in his pj’s, with a change on clothes in this bag for when he decided to co-operate. DEMON. And in perfect contrast, this morning I was back to rushing her along while he quietly got himself dressed in his room. Maybe I should be grateful… single-handedly dealing with demon’s in stereo does not sound like a pleasant task.

Next update… the EX. Leopards will truly never, ever change their spots. This he proves to me time and time again. Friday being a case in point. Now that I am no longer the naive little girl that he married and am no longer susceptible to his manipulation and lies and deception I am able to see though all the afore mentioned and see him for what he truly is. That said, he doesn’t seem to realize this yet. Anyway, to cut a really really long story short, he pulled a typical stunt and completely dropped off the face of the planet on Friday, this being the day that he was meant to pick the kids up from school as they were to spend the weekend with him. I in the meantime ended up in the usual Friday afternoon chaos at the office, but seeing as no-one could track him down had to leave early to do the school run all the while trying to track him down (which I eventually did manage to do). He was holed up at his step mothers house (which he is house-sitting) with all forms for telephonic communication unavailable, that is at least until I rang the doorbell at which point everything miraculously started working. Now for those of you who don’t know the history here (which is most of you) he has a certain addiction to things far too readily available on the internet, and his step-mom’s house has a computer, a modem and a telephone line… not a good combination when he is added to the mix.

Oh... Life... what else can I say...

11 comments:

M said...

robert Yes you are :) LOL thanks for the laugh. Well spotted. This week there is unfortunatley nothing to report. No I have not given in to the dark side, but no change in the weekly watch figures. This time of the month water retention becomes a minor issue, so hopefully next week there will be a positive report back.

kyknoord said...

A less than ideal start to the weekend. I hope you still managed to do the things you planned to do.

M said...

kyk diluted my anger in a bottle of wine at a friends house and then got on with my weekend. I don't let him get to me for more than an hour or so anymore...

Anonymous said...

Hi M...
I think it's wonderful that your kids are completely unpredictable. You would be so hopelessly bored if it wasn't that way around!
I don't know your history with the ex...but it sounds rough and most frustrating. Hope you had a pleasant enough weekend after that!

ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

Mixed day, indeed.
Hang in there, M. Karma dictates the ex will get what is owed to him.

M said...

jam Welcome.... yup, who wants predictability in their lives. It would be far too predictable.
CCBB I am sensing an Earl fan here...

AngelConradie said...

double agreement from me m!
leopards get a dye-job occasionally, but the spots are ALWAYS there!
and on having the kidlets being either angel or demon- you are indeed lucky they take turns!
teehee!

AngelConradie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE NEW SIDEBAR PICTURE!!!
i just love dragons!

M said...

angel On the odd occastion they can both be angel's... that is bliss :) As for the dragon... I too love them.

Katt said...

Okay, your ex has issues! Horrible ones!

As for your kids, when I was reading your post I was reminded of something I read in a book called The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer. She had just finished her daily meditation and walked into the bathroom with visions of pristine cleanliness and fluffy white towels. Of course being the only woman in a house with her husband and two boys the bathroom was a mess of soggy towels and puddles all over the floor. And she flipped! Afte the eruption one of her sons calmly said to her something like Mom, if this is the worse thing we ever do, you have got it pretty easy.

Food for thought? So, let the little one go to school in his PJ's - he is young, he is allowed to.

PS: You have really beautiful children!

M said...

katt Issues doesn't even come close with this man. As for the kids, I hear what you are saying and I am gratefull for it. I must really stop stressing the little things. and thanks.