Friday, August 18, 2006

My bed is not my own!!!

Maybe it is a winter thing, hopefully, but over the last 3 months I can count on one hand the number of occasions that I have woken up alone in my own bed. Normally I am cramped, one dead arm because I have been lying on it most of the night as on my left is a little man and on my right a young lady. Yes, I have an extra length Queen size bed, which in any normal family would be more than ample, but not with these 2 additions. All 3 of us actually like to spread out, have our space around us and this is where the problem comes in. On a few occasions I have actually resorted to sleeping in one of their beds and let them have free reign over mine. Most nights they come through around 5:30 AM which is okay as I know my alarm clock (all 3 of them) will be shouting at me in an hour and I have already had a few hours undisturbed sleep, but on others it really is the middle of the night (read anywhere between 11PM and 3AM). Add to this that we are a snoring family and I am in real trouble. In particular my daughter… if I am not asleep again before her, I do not sleep for all the noise that emanates out of her.

Like I said, I am hoping and praying that the only reason for this mid-night-bed-swapping is because they are getting cold. ROLL ON SUMMER.

Yes, please roll on summer… I am now sick and tired of cold, wet, windy, winter. And in true form we are in for another rainy weekend (after a gorgeous week of sunshine while we all sit in our office block)… oh and the sun will return again on Monday morning… Joke: What comes after 2 days of rain in Cape Town? Monday!! (HAHAHAHA)

UPDATE: Early last week I recounted the story of a wrestling match that ended in my son going to crèche in his pj’s… well last Friday they decided to have a school wide pj day. All the kids, and ALL the staff came in in their pj’s and gowns and slippers for the day. I am SOOO proud of my little trendsetter :)

Weekend plans: NOTHING… well almost… besides a coffee ‘date’ with a friend and a trip back to the Toyota dealer. Maybe I will catch a movie, maybe stay in with a DVD and a warm fire… I love the fact that I can do EXACTLY as I wish.

HAVE A GREAT ONE ALL!!!!

2 comments:

kyknoord said...

So does this mean that soon you'll be singing Yaris sir, that's my baby?
"...Monday..." *snort!*

AngelConradie said...

oooh- damien's done that too, (always in winter) and he just loves to starfish!
he also talks in his sleep- and if you catch him at just the right moment you can have a whole conversation... albeit a half incoherent one!