Monday, August 07, 2006

Decisions, Decisions!!

I will be getting a New New car (as opposed to a new used car) that is one thing that I know definitively. Now the question is, what?

For the last four and a half years I have been driving my faithful Hyndai Accent 1.3 XS 1998 model. It is now starting to give me one or two indications that it is reaching it’s sell by date and is ready to be traded in for a newer better model. I know how much I have to spend so the next step is to go on the hunt via all channels available. I have narrowed the search down to the following….

The New Improved Hyndai Accent 1.6 HS

I took one of these for a test drive on Sat and was very impressed. The old Accent was also a very reliable and comfortable car to start off with, but the designers have put a lot of thought into the finer details where it comes to the comfort level of the driver.

The other options in contention for the title of Mom’s cab are the Toyota Yaris Sedan


and the Chev Aveo (and if blogger had been playing nicely I would have had an image of it aswell).


A colleague of mine then pointed me in the direction of cartoday.com (why, oh way I had never found this before is beyond me). This is definitely the one place anyone who is considering the purchase of a car (new or used) should know about. Anyway, on to the car comparison, excluding the new Accent as it is toooo new for this site, and it looks like the Toyota might be taking it – it is the only one that comes standard with a service plan.

So, next step… with Wednesday being a public holiday here in SA, and me making use of this by taking Thursday and Friday off, I will be going for a few test drives and visiting bank managers to organize financing.

Oh, this is just like being a child again… but, just like when I was a child, I can hear my mom’s voice saying… YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE.

3 comments:

kyknoord said...

For what its worth, a ex-colleague of mine had an Aveo and he was continually whining about how it used to rattle. On the other hand, I've never owned a card that didn't rattle, so I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not.

Katt said...

Okay, my criteria for a car - is it solid? In other words when you close the door does it go clunk or doof! The logic behind that is if I am in an accident will I walk away from it.

AngelConradie said...

oooooh... i'm so jealous, m!
my beloved opel corsa 160is (1999) is starting to make "old car noises" now!