Sunday, November 05, 2006

the power of music... and response to anon...

Okay this is the hundredth time I am attempting to post this... blogger has been going into seizures since yesterday morning and keeps LOOSING my entries and comments.... AARRGGGGGGG. So here is the post that made it's first appearance yesterday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning, getting into my car I found that there was very little decent music to listen to on the radio (as usual) and turned on my cd player. I had completely forgotten what was in at the time and was greeted by the following... Evolver: Stronger.

Music has always had a profound role in my life... there is almost never a time when there isn't something playing... like a soundtrack to my life. But the lyrics of this particular song were somehow just what I needed to hear this morning.

i see you there,
lying down when you should be getting up,
you in despair, all alone just take a stand,
you'll be alright.

all this time,
you found a way how to mend a broken heart,
look around and you will see the friends you got,
you not alone, no.

it gets stronger,
every little thing you do is bolder,
if you feel like crying, here’s my shoulder,
i aint afraid.

i see you high,
in the clouds don't care what the people shout,
you moving on with your life just take my hand,
we'll make it right.

looking back,
you wonder how you found the strength to carry on,
you needed time to make it right in your mind,
you are home... home

it gets stronger,
every little thing you do is bolder,
if you feel like crying, here’s my shoulder,
i aint afraid. i aint afraid.

I just wanted to share that with you all.





And to the anonymous commenter from last night on my post "A night to remember...", I have been trying to respond all morning, but blogger seems to have gone into shock and is refusing to update the comments... so here it is....

anon HMMMMMM I don't even know where to start in response to that.
Firstly, I love my kids more than you or anyone else could ever know and I am NEVER EVER EVER negative about their dad in front of them.

This blog is a place for me to vent and to talk and to blow off steam ANONYMOUSLY. Only a small handful of people here actually know who I am... and I have never used real names when referring to anyone.

As for Mr Irish... I do have peace in myself, but what is wrong with being with someone just for the sake of being with them... I have never had grand ideas of where this 'fling' is going. I am not looking for anything serious right now, he knows that, and we are both happy with where this is. As for a different type of man to love me for who I am and treat me the way I want to be treated... who ISN'T looking for that.

Friends... man, how pathetic do you think I am? Of course I phoned to find out what they were up to... and I do organise braai's etc. That was one particular night that I felt like going out and letting my hair down and unfortunately for me it was a last minute decision and everyone was busy.

Why the hell and I justifying myself to you, but you know what... keep your fingers crossed regarding the hunky locksmith :)

P.S. I must admit you have intrigued me... the fact that a complete stranger has taken any interest in my life based on my insane ramblings here :)

Please feel free to e-mail me and we can continue this discussion… InsanelySingle at gmail dot com

5 comments:

AngelConradie said...

encore m! encore!

Anonymous said...

Don't even bother to make any comments further. You go girl and remember your intro line.

M said...

anon Who are you? you have me intrigued me (if you are the same anon that I was responding to)???

Anonymous said...

M,

Nope. I have been following your ramblings for a while now. Sometime feels like you are writing my story.

Planet N

M said...

Well... Planet N... welcome :) it is always nice to know that we are not alone in the things we endure.