Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A night to remember... Fatal blogging mistake... And the EX from HELL

WOW, WOW, WOW, Incredible, Fantastic, Spectacular... Last night was in a word... AMAZING.

This is the third time I have had the pleasure of seeing LIVE in concert in Cape Town and each time they get better and better - as does the crowd. I went with Ms C and met up with her sister and BIL. We also tracked down Adumski & Samwise and a few of their friends (A... You are off the proverbial hook for now). Later Yummy-D was spotted (although that is not a difficult thing as this 6'4" person stands out in the crowd a little) with L2.

It was an evening of incredible music and much dancing, singing (shouting) and FUN. The Parlotones were the opening act for the evening and they were also SUPERB... they had the crowd up and on their feet from the very first song and what followed was 4 hours of ROCK. YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. Needless to say my feet and voice are suffering a little this morning... but it was WELL WORTH IT.

Irish was there aswell although he had managed to secure golden circle tickets with a backstage pass through a friend (proving again that it is WHO you know not WHAT you know that counts), and HERE lies my fatal blogging mistake. Not long after I met him I, in a moment of madness, told him about my blog. This has meant that I have been censoring my entries concerning him a little... but not any more.

IRISH... if you are reading this... please be warned that this is a place for me to vent anonymously and let off steam when needed... so keep that in mind when reading any future entries... better yet... stop reading them.

And now for the slimy, manipulative, bastard ex from hell.

Last week I told him about the fact that I had met someone... and that is all I told him. This then sent him into a 5 day sulk from which he emerged last night. Seeing as I was going out for the evening, he came to babysit the kids and in the 20 minutes that I was at home for a quick change out of work attire and freshening up to go out he cornered me and continued to profess his undying love for me.

AARRRGGGGGG, does this bastard just not get it. When we were married he was never around... when we were separated he couldn't give a flying fuck about trying to fix things... now, almost 2 years after we were divorced, after I have made peace with the fact that it is over and am no longer angry/depressed/sad, after I have moved on and a statement like that simply has NO MORE EFFECT ON ME... he has the audacity to tell me that he has never loved me as much as he does now, and how he can't live without me, and then fucking tries to kiss me. KISS ME.... it was all I could do not to bitch-slap him. He is a leach.... no... worse than that... he is a microbe that lives in the slimy scum of a leach.

For the sake of the kids I have been trying to keep a friendship going between him and I, but I simply cannot do this anymore. My life is complicated enough, and it is time to start removing some of these complications. I foresee all the locks at home being replaced very very soon, and all kid exchanges happening in public venues from now on. He is still their father and I will have to put up with him at all school events and important day's in their lives... but I will no longer tolerate him in MY home.

11 comments:

Justice said...

Men are idiots! I was just talking about this with someone the other day. They are the ones that walk out on relationships, but can't seem to want to let you move on with your life! Dogs!

Unknown said...

Oh you poor dear, don't bother, the kids will be *much* happier with a less confused and settled mum... :)

Anonymous said...

That ex of yours is a REAL class act!

the yak said...

Hmm...

Err, not on the weird ex, but I had to rant to someone that a friend of mine ALSO ended up with backstage passes to the Live concert (worse than that, when I called him at 16:00 that day he was drinking champagne with them in the limmo!), and HE DOESN'T LIKE ROCK MUSIC. In fact, he hates it. He listens to trance and hip hop, and leaves parties when the guitar music gets too loud.

Err... ok, I feel better now.

M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M said...

justice you can say that again... I figure the good ones are all taken...

fink 'less confused'... I'm over it, HE is the one that is confused. But thanks for the support.

katt class act is hardly the phrase I would use... but you can well emagine what I would.

yak good to see you again... and now that I think about it IRISH doesn't like rock music either (another techno head)...

Anonymous said...

Do you really think it is a good idea to post pics of kids on internet with such negativity about their Dad, Yes I know he is a pig but apart from that he is still a big part of them?

Mr Irish is just a fly by night to be used and abused till you find peace in yourself and open yourself up to attract a different type of man , one that would treat you like a lady and love you for you.

On the note of friends, it helps to phone and find out what they are doing, a braai or get together is just as good as a night out sometimes.

Good luck with the lock smith (he might be a hunk)

A friend you have not met yet

M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AngelConradie said...

oh m- i feel for you... i wish i could wave a magic sitcom wand and make it all better for you!
boundaries are an excellent idea and i am impressed you're willing to put them in place. hang in there doll!

AngelConradie said...

ooh ooh- i nearly forgot to tell you- i am INSANELY jealous that you got to see LIVE...
and i wanted to say that i don't think it was a mistake to tell irish about your blog- i think mine is very much a part of who i am and i'm proud of it too!