Friday, May 04, 2007

What a lovely modern age we live in

that a person can get harassed by SMS...

Yup, this is the latest in the saga of my life. Someone has taken it upon themselves to sling accusations and slander, all of them baseless, in my general direction. And to top it off they are refusing to reveal who they are. It is obviously someone who knows me but they have gone to the trouble of acquiring a prepaid sim card for their phone (which ANYONE can get without having any trace of who purchased it) and using it for their 'fun-and-games'.

Luckily I have many contacts and they themselves have many... so I have managed to find out a fair deal of information... HOWEVER not WHO it is, and here is my problem. I do not know anyone who would have the motivation to do something like this and definitely no-one who WOULD actually do this. There is one possible culprit but I don't know enough yet to actually confront them about it (although I am still waiting for some information to come in).

This has all managed to get me more pissed off than I have been in a long time... whoever this is I will find them - I don't think they realise just who they are messing with.

I WILL FIND THEM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi M. (And interested parties) Every cellular handset has a unique serial number - unrepeated anywhere in the world. It's known as the IMEI number. ( To see the unique IMEI number of your phone dial *#06# ) Similarly every SIM card has a unique identifier - it is called the MSISDN ( the phone number ) When a SIM card is inserted into a handset - it creates a "Handshake" which is a permanent relationship between that handset's IMEI and the MSISDN - this handshake's details persist in records kept by the cellular companies that are accessible either if you have friends in the right places , or by law enforcement if you were to lay a criminal case. What catches the dumb criminal (or stalker) out is that even if you buy an otherwise unknown SIM and use it in your handset - the common denominator is still the handset - you just need to look at previous IMEI-MSISDN handshakes and you can see who is really behind it.

My suggestion is - that if any comment becomes really threatening - just make a case with SAPS - the actual process of narrowing it down beyond that is really simple for them to do if you get a sympathetic cop. I believe that the more of these terrorist scum we make an example of - the better. All the best. K

AngelConradie said...

oh m, thats dreadful!
people can be so mean spirited! its unreal they would be so sly! at one stage someone was harrassing damien like that- after trying to ignore it hoping no response would put them off, i eventually called the person from my phone and threatened them with legal repercussions if it happened again so it stopped.