Thursday, October 19, 2006

Alive and Kicking (almost)

I have tried three times now to start this post... but my brain is simply not putting any coherent thoughts together. I have been ill for the last week and my head still seems to be suffering some side effects of the lack of nutrition. I have had a throat infection which has made eating almost impossible - however the doctor seems to have a sadistic side and prescribed the biggest bloody tablets he could find... two of them twice a day.

I have snippets of many things that I would like to tell you all about, so I am just going to let them be told in the way that they spill out onto my keyboard this evening.

I am the proudest mother in Cape Town this week. My daughter (grade 1) was awarded a merit award for artwork that was entered into the eisteddfod. A beautiful drawing of a flower. This time of year also starts getting very very busy with them. They have school concerts and galas and fetes and and and... I have completely lost track of what is happening to the point that I am writing EVERY SINGLE thing up on a calendar in the kitchen (something I really should do more often).

Irish is well... we are in contact every day even though we only get to see each other about once a week. I spent the day with him on Saturday again, visited with him mom... boy the stories she has to tell of her days as a doctor in the military and the things that used to go on at base. We took his 'son' Codi (a BEAUTIFUL red-and-white Siberian Husky) for a walk - or at least he took us for a walk... what a lovely animal. Irish loves him to bits and he (the dog) seems to have taken a liking to me as well. Add puppy-charmer to my resume. I have hunted the net looking for a picture that would do some justice to show you just how beautiful he is... but alas.. none to be found. I am just going to have to take some of my own and post here.

Oh, he (Irish) has also invited me to join him at his companies year-end function. Read what you will into that (or the fact that I have yet to invite him to mine... hmmmmmmm).

On other news, I noticed yesterday that posters have started going up around town for the LIVE concert at the end of the month. My tickets are secured (and safely locked away for the last month) and seeing these posters has really started to get me excited.

My brain is now completely on the fritz. See you all on the otherside of sanity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have just confirmed what I have always believed, that doctor's are sadists.

Year end functions? Do we get to see a piccie of you in your glam getup? Please?

The Author said...

Year end funtion? Let's hope YOU have the luck of the Irish...

AngelConradie said...

its so cool for you that things with irish continue to go well!
a kitchen calendar is an excellent idea!
i am so jealous you're going to see live- i wish i was too!
as for year end functions... i'm going to be tossing a coin to see which of my siblings accompanies me this year!

M said...

katt Sadists every one... as for the glam getup... don't think it is THAT kind of function (we tend to be a little more laid back here in Cape Town)

adumski still blushing

angel LIVE - 10 days and counting YEAH