Thursday, September 07, 2006

Laid Back West Coast Attitude


3674-21A
Originally uploaded by m_from_ct.
I have finally gotten around to scanning in my pictures from the expedition to Die Strandlooper last month which brought back good memories. Among them (the memories and the photos) was this one... how to tell the weather - West Coast Style. Attched to the sign there is a rope leading down to a rock... on the sign is the following:

West Coast Weather
If the rock is :-
DRY:- It's a nice day
WET:- It's raining
WHITE:- Snow
BLACK:- Night
GONE:- A bit of fog

3 comments:

AngelConradie said...

that is SUCH a cool picture!

M said...

angel :) Thanks... I have loaded the rest of them to my Flickr account... there are some much nicer ones there, this one just brought a smile to my face remembering the sign.

Anonymous said...

I've got a similar one, taken at the Nakop border post between South Africa and Namibia. I will post it on Flickr sometime.