Sunday, September 03, 2006

Better than… ?

Last week I decided it was time for some pampering and that a massage would be in order. It has been a good few years since I last had one and I really just needed to de-stress. Instead of going to someone who practices out of their house or has a small shop somewhere I decided to treat myself to the full SPA experience. So on Saturday morning I went off to the Vineyard Hotel Spa for a deep tissue massage (what they call their Ibu’s Secret).

After being welcomed, followed by a short wait in their relaxation area with a cup of green tea, this sweet Asian woman greeted me and led me into one of the suites. WOW, the rooms are beautifully decorated, each looking out onto a private garden, with sun streaming in through huge sliding doors. All the rooms have 2 massage beds for couples wanting to have the experience together, although for me only one was required. Each also has a spa bath and shower with relaxing music flowing through the hidden built in sound system and the room kept at a constant temperature through the air-conditioning system.

What followed can only be described as the most relaxing and sensual experience I have had in a long time. A full body deep tissue massage, from the tip of my toes to the top of my head, using oils with hints of spices that caused the whole room to fill with the most exotic aroma. Starting with the back and shoulders using just the right amount of pressure to work out all the kinks that had built up, down to the legs and feet, on to the stomach and arms and hands, then face and head and finished off with the neck and shoulders. A full hour of pampering.

I am a very tactile person and adore (crave maybe) contact with another person, and this for me was the ultimate indulgence. The only thing that could have toped this off was if it was HIM I was receiving the massage from… and here in lies the only problem with this experience. I can never turn my mind off. Even though this was incredibly relaxing, my mind is always active… normally it isn’t an issue, but during this experience I found that I just couldn’t get HIM out of my head. I kept having to jolt my mind and try to force myself not to think about him, which was only momentary until he popped into my thoughts again.

Once the session is over you are treated to hot, spicy, ginger tea and melon, and get to relax and take in the ambiance of the place before donning your clothes and making you way out the door, stopping to pay for the luxurious extravagance on your way out. For someone who hasn’t got any in two and a half years… it really was better then sex.

4 comments:

AngelConradie said...

wooooow... that sounds incredible! you should write ad brochures- i would LOVE to do that too!

kyknoord said...

Nothing like a professional to work out the kinks and you certainly deserve a treat. I had to smile at the mentions of HIM - I can imagine the way you would say it.

Katt said...

Oooh, I need one of those. But I would probably be dwelling on my HIM too. Maybe they should come up with deep brain massages.

M said...

angel It was well worth it. We all need a little pampering from time to time.

kyk The way I would say it... that is half the problem - I can't say it

katt Deep brain massage = frontal labotomy

robert No, you have to come back to Cape Town for the REAL thing :)