Friday, December 08, 2006

Searching for Inspiration

Maybe it is just this time of year and my brain is slowly shutting down in preparation of the upcoming holiday (YEAH)... maybe it is the combination of too many functions (read alcohol) and not enough sleep... but I have been struggling to come up with any decent topics to write about and hence the SILENCE for the last week. Anyway, I am just going to ramble on here a bit about the goings on, or lack thereof, lately.

Well, as of last Friday, we are officially part of the B.I.G-Fish company and it is pretty much business as usual, except that they seem to be having some difficulty getting me onto their network which means that the WEALTH of information etc that is supposedly available for us is still out of my reach. Business as usual also means that I am once again left with NOTHING to do. We had started working on a new release of our project - as we had nothing else to do and instead of sitting here warming up the chairs we thought we would get some constructive work done knowing full well that the contract would eventually get signed as it is a rather critical project. HOWEVER B.I.G-Fish has decided to review all contract information and has told us to stop all work on this until it is signed.... expected D-Day for the big signing is end January (MAYBE). Thank God I only have one more week to sit here being a human-chair-warmer.

I am now getting extremely excited about my upcoming holiday. I'll be spending a week at home with the little'uns before Christmas and then on 26 December - off into the great blue yonder for 2 WHOLE WEEKS... Just me... No kids... No BEFH... No Work... No Nothing. This is soooo long overdue.

Oh... on another note... my wayward dive instructor got hold of me again this week. Now this is a LOOOOONG story, but basically I started a course early last year and just never finished it... for various reasons. I have done all the dives required with him and more... and had all but one lecture to complete and then to write the exam. Well he is now running another course that I am slotting into. This meant lectures last night to cover the topics I hadn't done yet, weather permitting a dive on Sunday and then the exam next Tuesday. I just realised this is the first time I have mentioned my diving here... that might be becuase the last time I got in the water was in February (long before I started this blog). I LOVE IT. It is one of the most amazing experiences I have had (and could ever have). To be under the water with only yourself (and your buddy), the peace and tranquility, the life... all you hear is the sound of your own breathing and maybe the occasional speed boat... It is truely amazing.

As for the upcoming weekend... busy busy busy again... starting this afternoon. Our team is having a end of year spit braai (the last in the silly-season-work-functions for me). Then tomorrow, myself and Ms C are going for a pamper session complete with facials and manicures/pedicures... this is my treat to her (and myself) as it was her birthda last week. Then on Sunday a dive if the water looks good... and inbetween all this I need to recap on all my dive notes in preparation for the exam on Tuesday.

Okay, well that is enough of my rambling for now :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your holiday sounds like it is going to be just what you need!!!

The diving thing sounds interesting although I opt to stay out of the water - my luck I will get eaten by a great white or something - heheheheh but my hubby is going to do the whole dive course!!!

Take care

Anonymous said...

Hey, I did Open Water I too. Hope you don't get too cold though, the sea your way is FREEZING!

AngelConradie said...

oh i would love to do a diving course, and i'd love damien to do it too! if i could afford it i'd send damien... i think i'll wait till i am no longer mistaken for the micheln man before i attempt it myself.