Friday, December 15, 2006

Holidays, cakes and tattoo's

YEAH, today is my last day at the office, I am already in holiday mode. I won't see the inside of this place for another 3.5 weeks. HELL YES, this is long overdue.

Last Sunday the weather and water conditions turned out to be perfect and so we managed to go diving after all. Man it was great to be in the water again. We went to Oudekraal with a few other new divers (it was their very very first ocean dive) so a great way to get back into the swing of things as we took it very easy. The water was perfect with about 10m of visibility, however this also meant that it was quite cold (11 deg to be precise)... thank God for the 7ml two-piece wetsuit that attempted to keep me above freezing level. We also had the pleasure of seeing a baby electric ray... very rare to catch of glimpse of these around here, and if it wasn't for our dive instructors keen eye we would have missed it completely. Plans are to go again this Sunday... let's hope the weather plays along as it is the last chance I have before going away.

11 days to go... 11 days to go... 11 days to go... soon I'll start counting the hours, then minutes. I am soooooooo excited, although I realised yesterday that I need to stock up my winter wardrobe... but where do you think I can get winter clothes at this time of year (remember we in sunny South Africa are in the full swing of summer). When most people come here to escape the cold and snow I am doing the exact opposite. Oh well.. that is my mission for next week... find some winter clothes.

As for tonight... it will be taken up by baking the big-boy a birthday cake for the party tomorrow. He keeps changing his mind though as to what kind of cake he wants... so has left it to me to surpise him. I will post some pictures here once it is done.

Then finally... the tattoo hunt. I have found a few options but am still struggling to make up my mind. So... I am seeking input from all of you as to which one you like most... .I am leaning more and more to no. 9 (the numbers are beneath the images). I also quite like the Kanji symbols here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell - get them ALL!

Anonymous said...

Hey there - No.9 is nice, I like No.2.

You must have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your holiday!!!!! Bring us lots of pics!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Erm... I like the one in the middle row on the right.

As for warm clothes, try Cape Union Mart - but take your credit card.

AngelConradie said...

hhmm- tattoos- i agree with kyk... but i do like the middle one on the far left (3). i have a similar one to these, i think i should put up some pictures of mine. but i'd definitely avoid any chinese or japanese lettering if i were you...
i am so excited for you about your trip- and the diving sounds spectacular! damien is very jealous, i'm going to do it "one day"...

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine back in college days had Dragon Number 4. And it looked totally awesome on her arm!